Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Great Gatsby Chapter 4

Once again, I don’t like the chapter again. I still find Nick to be an unreliable character. On page 74, I was very confused. I think it was because I was expecting Nick to keep narrating, but instead I think it might have been Jordan Baker. I don’t know. It was very confusing, because it was talking about the person wearing a crisp possibly white skirt. Like I said I do not like this book very much, or even the chapter. Also, as I stated in the last chapters blog post, this chapter jumps around a lot. I would personally have made many more different chapter than Scott Fitzgerald did. I mean, it is nice having fewer chapters to read for in Boyd’s class. I find the fact that Gatsby likes Daisy very interesting. I think that by the end of the book, Tom and Daisy will split. Tom will end up getting together with Myrtle, taking her away from her husband. Daisy will get together with Gatsby and live by Nick to visit and call upon each other more often. Lastly, I think that Jordan Baker and Nick will figure out their love for each other and then marry, but they will probably try to not have kids for a while that way Jordan can continue her golfing career. I am almost positive that the reason Jordan doesn’t abject to Nick is because she is either jealous of her friend Daisy for having so many callers that she is happy that at least someone loves her and is willing to touch her and love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment