Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Middle Passage

Would I jump off the ship Amistad? Yes, I would because it is just so sad the hardships that they went through just to be rewarded with more work. I would rather die a natural self inflicted death of drowning than to be whipped or shot for doing something wrong that I may or may not have done. My reaction to all of this is that it is so sad and terrible. I cannot believe that they would just tie them up but they did what they thought they had to do to get a profit. When they served them food, that was the worst. All they did was ladle some  out to like every other one. They were so greedy that the Africans just became savage beasts. It must have been like some reaction to the conditions that brought out the survival instinct in each person.

No comments:

Post a Comment