Friday, February 4, 2011

The Great Gatsby Chapter 8

I like that we are getting close to finishing this book. Scott Fitzgerald does a very nice job of wrapping up all the loose ends. He also does a nice job of informing you about all these different occurrences that you are told about and why they happened. I think that it is buried a little in the last few chapters though. I am glad that Gatsby finally uses his pool. I would like to know however, how George Wilson knows or even finds out that it was Gatsby's car that killed his wife. Was it through Tom? I don't think it was very possible, because Tom wasn't in the car and was passing by after it happened. Then again, it could have been him, because he drove that car to town and would have known what color and model it was. I would also like to know where George Wilson got the gun from. As well as, I would like to know why Gatsby is not injured, but George Wilson is lying dead some small distance away from the pool. How did there even get to be blood in the pool and the pool start draining? I would hope that Gatsby knows how to do everything in his own house, but only relies on his servants, because he can and is to lazy to himself. I like how Nick is there for Gatsby when he needs him most. I wonder if the call Gatsby was expecting was supposed to from Daisy, or maybe it was supposed to from his business partner

No comments:

Post a Comment