Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Jungle Chaptes 27-28

The beginning of the first chapter we read seemed a little odd to start. How? I am not too sure, but I find these two chapters, either full of tragedy or neutral. It starts off on a such a sad note and the worst part to me was the simile at the beginning of Chapter 27, comparing him to a wild animal. It is so bad for him, because he became so used to such a high standard. I don’t know how I could have been able to survive after earning all those things and suddenly having them taken violently away from me. It was really nice of that one lady to feed him. I really like her. I am so glad that he finally decides to try and find his remaining family. It seems like a really odd coincidence that he meets up with this one lady to beg for food to help him survive and realizes that he knows her. It seems so odd and unusual. It is so neat that Jurgis finally meets up with Marija. That is probably one of the two happiest parts of these two chapters. The other happiest part of these chapters would be after everybody goes to be tried and Jurgis gets off free, while all Marija has to do is pay $5. I don’t really like the way that Marija has resorted to selling her body in order to survive. I also kind of like the way that Jurgis goes into the same place the following night to sit and think. It is sad that he almost falls asleep again. I kind of liked reading about when he actually started to listen to the speaker. The guy was a very good speaker, in my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Brenna,
    I really agree, Jurgis compared to a beast! I thought it was showing how evil capitolism was to Jurgis. Anyway, I can tell that you understood what you read and understood the motives of the chapter. Overall, 100/100. You did an excellent job; keep up the good work.
    -Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brezzy Bre,
    I think you did a great job. I agree with the selling your body thing but it really shows you and me ofcourse how low and how much they were in trouble. I like your responce.
    Great job!

    Xoxo-
    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree its so sad that she is seling her body for money but I guess people will do anything to survive I wonder jurges blames himself for her doing that or if he even care at this point

    ReplyDelete