Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Great Gatsby Chapter 9

I am so glad to be done with The Great Gatsby. I didn't really like this book a lot, but I didn't really dislike this book either. I thought that it was Wilson that was dead not Gatsby, or are both Wilson and Gatsby dead? I think that it is so sad that the only people that show up to the house for the funeral is Nick, Gatsby's father, and the pastor. I was glad that there was another person that showed up to the cemetery for Gatsby's funeral. I bet though that since Gatsby hosted these huge elaborate parties with this amazing banned liquor was why Gatsby didn't seem so lonely and seemed to have so many friends. The truth was that he didn’t, well, at least until he met Nick. I don’t know if I have said it before or not, but I think that Gatsby was first just trying to be nice and polite to his poor neighbor. Then Gatsby decided that Nick was an okay guy and that they could become good friends. Afterward, Gatsby found out that Nick was cousins with Daisy, his childhood love, and become obsessed with using Nick to try and get Daisy back. In truth, I think that Gatsby mistake in addressing Tom at the hotel a couple of chapters back. His mistake was that once Tom and Daisy both managed to cool down from the argument, it helped close the gap that was made between them over the years. As well as, the gap from Tom having a mistress.

No comments:

Post a Comment